Friday, December 14, 2007

Praise you with the Dance

"There is so much of my salvation that He arranged and performed - and I have so little to do with it - that it just makes me want to worship Him even more.
"Many believers assume they somehow initiated a relationship with God, which creates misunderstanding in many areas. Think about it: If I created this moment, I can un-create this moment. If I began this relationship, I can end it. If I did something that connected me with God, I can possibly do something that will disconnect me from Him. No, we must remember that when (we) were dead in our trespasses, God reached down, enlightened us, quickened our spirits, gave us the gifts of faith and the Holy Spirit, and yanked us out of deep garbage.
"There are days in which, for some inexplicable reason, I attempt to drag Him back through that garbage, but He always pulls me out. It's not my grip on Him that matters; it's His grip on me. I did nothing to make Him love me, and I can't do anything to make Him stop.
"It's enough to make me want to praise Him. Maybe even with a little dance." - Mark Hall, LifeStories, pg.89-90

No comments: