Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Make my life a Bethlehem, Part 2

As I sat in worship on Christmas Eve at the 11 p.m. service, I found myself paying more attention to the hymns we were singing. One hymn was "O Little Town of Bethlehem." There's a line in that song that goes like this - Where meek souls will receive him, still the dear Christ enters in - just another place within the Lutheran hymnal that mentions the active will of the human being when it comes to our relationship with Christ. I believe even more that Christ has already done the job of saving us, but our relationship with Him isn't going to go anywhere if we don't accept, receive, and believe Him. It's not enough to believe in God. I think God is calling me to not simply believe in Him, but to believe Him, to believe what He speaks to me through His word. God is calling me to believe Him and nobody else. What everybody else says, I need to compare it with God's Word, the Holy Scriptures, and discern from there what He wants me to be doing with my life and how he wants me to act.

1 comment:

Megan said...

hey becky! you did share the link with me, and then i lost it (sometime in december, i think?) thanks for sharing it again!