Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Focus on the Center

Today in my Lutheran Confessions lecture, my professor was talking about the 4th article of the Augsburg Confession. This particular article talks about being justified through faith alone. This article is the center of our teaching. We begin here and move outwards. Later on at lunch, I had a conversation with my contextual education supervisor about how my time with the youth director was going. My supervisor basically said the same thing. When you look at the catechism, what's located in the center? None other than the 2nd article of the Apostle's Creed, which talks about Jesus Christ and what He's already done for us. When the director of youth ministries teaches confirmation, that's where he starts, without using the catechism. From there, he moves outward. I think that's truly awesome!

No comments: