Monday, January 28, 2008

Paul's words ring true to my ears

In the recent months, I've been reflecting on my role as a woman in this society and what God's role is for me. Needless to say, I'm discovering that God ordained Paul's words to be included in the Bible for a reason. Last year, I wrote a paper on how I would explain to somebody why the ELCA allows women to be ordained when the Bible clearly says something about the issue. I explained that while I don't personally believe God calls women to be pastors, He does call women to support the men who are called into ministry. If God wants to call women into pastoral ministry as a way of supporting men, than so be it. But I'm finding that I might be wrong about that. I believe God's call on women is to support those men who are called into ministry. Yet that doesn't mean I can't do ministry. Needless to say, I'm considering (unofficially) working more in the area of children and youth ministry. I really want to teach and work with those age groups, but not necessarily as a pastor. Maybe more so as a youth director. I'm still seeking God's leading on the issue.

No comments: